Saturday, 23 June 2007

02. Aspergers syndrom - och sedan? by Gunilla Gerland

Title: Aspergers syndrom - och sedan?
By: Gunilla Gerland
Rating: 2.5/5

Language I read it in: Swedish
Date I finished reading it: Spring 2007

Original title: Aspergers syndrom - och sedan? (Swedish)
English title: N/A (translates as "Asperger's Syndrome - and then?")
Published: 2003
Length: 42 pages
Genre: Psychology

Main character(s): N/A
Synopsis: The book answers the most common questions about Asperger's Syndrome.
Best: A drawing on the 11th page where two people are talking and a third person is trying to understand what they're saying.
Person 1: "He solves problems by sweeping them under the rug!"
Person 2: "That's right!"
And person 3 just looks at the rug, trying to see the problems that are supposedly hidden under it. It's such a perfect explanation of a common problem when you have AS.
Worst: It's not exactly the most exciting book I've read.
Quotes: See above.
Comments:
This was the second book I read about AS, and I remember that I found it helpful, it explained a lot of the questions that I had about my own life but didn't know how, or who, to ask. But it's mainly for young people who have just found out they have or might have Asperger's, so if that description doesn't fit you, then you should probably read something else.

No comments: